Wednesday, February 7, 2007

The Beauty of Drama

by Hariraam



What is drama? To me, drama means learning to bring out your feelings through an act. It is about learning many things like improvisation, response and getting into the core of a character. By learning and exploring these aspects and applying them into our lives, we can or will become better people. To me, i think this is because we eventually learn to control or show certain feelings.... i have also learnt that when we our mind, heart and soul come together as one, we form the CHARACTER... the true or the real person... the one who is not 'me' but 'I'...

Throughout these past few years, i have been keeping so much inside of me that i did not know how to show or tell people that i was 'being torn between life and understanding'... i was a loner, a boy who did not understand many aspects of life and yet i helped those who were feeling the same as me... i had only a 'mask' which i would use in front of those close to me... a fake me at that point of time....until today am i the same.... ask any of my friends, and they'll tell you that "the Hari i knew was never like this".... i think, although i don't want such things to happen.

Only through drama was i able to let go of my fears, my anger, my sorrow, my pain. When i wanted to bring my heart, mind and soul together did i let go. Improvisation, playing the character differently and not the correct way... Appa had given us this task so that we could discover or explore new ways to play that particular character... it struck me that it was time i should play my character the way i had always been living.... a Person who was stuck in the corner, who wanted to come out but did not know how.... a person who would worry about other people and not himself, who would worry about what people would say... When i had done it, i was still in my 'character' ......it took me awhile to get out...and then BOOM....i broke out...that was bad i was feeling inside.......i could not hold it any longer............i wanted to fly away into the night, to get away from everything, to be free..........just like my dreams...

Well, in a nutshell, i am grateful to my parents, who have showed me many interesting things, who have taught me to be strong and confident, to my friends who have heard me out... and of course to Swamiji...

'Deep in the heart's core, there was a boy who was being torn between life, understanding and love. Why?, he asked himself and to all those listening to him. And then it struck him that, he was going through LIFE, UNDERSTANDING and LOVE'.....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home