Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Abhaya: connecting with lord shiva

Well, when it first started out, i wasn't going to take part and geetha akka said she would like me too...and the tought of it kept bugging me as geetha akka called me for class even if it was just for learning the Ardhanarishwara item. Then one night as i was reading one of swamiji's books,it was written that when we pray what we really ought to do is just forget about all our complexes and try to commune with the particular deity or saint. The next day as i was studying, I suddenly realised that it was not about me taking part whether or not geetha akka wanted me too. It was as more like through Geetha akka, i was being given an opportunity to connect with shiva and to grow as not only a dancer but also as a human being...Ardhanarishwara being the dynamic equilibrium that every human whether consciously or not will want to attain. I decided i was going to take part and give it all I had.

So then practices started out and everything went on....The thing was, all throughout the year, i had always been asking myself why do i dance ? .... and if i dance to connect with GOD, then what does it matter what it looks like ? Why does it have to be so complicated ? Why can't i just do annalakshmi duty and connect with GOD ? ...and when Abhaya was on....what did ardhanarishwara have to do with having no fear ? All these questions were answered through the journey of Abhaya.

I gtg now.. so i'll post those answers on as soon as i can. adios, madman.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home